Ummm ... nothin' much happening.
Better get on that.
Done in January. And then the store was not so helpful after I missed the February issue due to being in the hospital and all. So I got off track and it did not become a regular thing.
2. To go along with R2D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling
Then ... run/walk 500 miles using the Zombies Run app. Over the course of the ENTIRE YEAR.
And ... finished the book. Sadly, didn't love it as much as The Passage. Anyway, appendicitis threw a wrench into the run/walking and I am behind. Plus I lost count somewhere in April. Last week I did ... well, ISTE got in the way. But I think I did about 4 miles on the treadmill and 10 or so on the bike. Week before was better ... bout 12 miles on the treadmill and 10 on the bike. So I may have to adapt it and say 250 from July to December.
4. Read Penguin and Pinecone.
Then make a video (either a booktalk or just something about penguins!) using the puppet I got at SeaWorld last spring. My puppet is more lifelike than the cute book illustrations but I don't think that matters. DO things like make videos. Don't just think about it!
Nope. Haven't even started on that one. I DID read Penguin on Vacation whilst hanging out at B&N. And it was adorable. So I need to get on that.
5. Straight up stealing the visit new indie bookstores goal. Right now I know of exactly ONE anywhere close to me. Haven't been there yet. Lame, right?
6. The Harry Potter Nook in the new place. Well. It turned out to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAY smaller than I thought (I mean, it was always going to be cozy ... but egads). So we'll see. :/ If I get claustrophobic trying to paint something fun it doesn't really matter if the kiddos still like it.
7. A wall of bookcases in new place! A WALL.
Only I am scared of putting together IKEA ones and having them look decent. Thoughts? I would have SWORN they had an online tool to plan the different kinds of shelves (and if you wanted doors or cabinets or extra shelves on top) but now I can't find it.
8. I felt like I should do something Oz-ish. I can't decide about the new movie adaptation.
I actually saw it just like a week ago. Should I change this one? The excitement from the kids is kind of over. Or maybe I'll just count the Monday Made It at the bottom of this post
9. Also a kind of stolen idea ... book art. Only I am going to try Knuffle Bunny style with some photos I take (part of a goal ... photography!) and illustrations that I will get my nieces and nephews to make. ;) Had a student have to come show me that Trixie was reading a P&E book today. And a new Sunday School student that was SO IMPRESSED I knew about Mo Willems. So ... Knuffle Bunny style book art.
Haven't even started this one yet, either. What is my deal?
10. I WISH I could say "Visit Prince Edward Island." But that one will not happen this year. So we'll say when I get into my new kitchen? Host some sort of get together and try making this.
Well. Cooking is still not my strong point. But I shall prevail!
I've had a Silhouette Cameo for over a year now.
And I only tried cutting vinyl on Saturday.
It takes a little getting used to. But I think I'm going to like it. Anyway. Thanks to Pinterest when it's time to go back to school we will have these. Already some things I would change but Hey! A project that was finally started and completed (well ... will be completed after I put some sort of varnish on them).
I'm a teacher librarian so of course these have been on my Pinterest "To Do" list for like a year and a half. I like the signs on one pic better than the other (already wishing I'd chosen different paint or vinyl colors) but better FINISHED than perfect. And #betterlatethannever! ;)