OK. I loved the idea so much I had to steal it. Thanks, Jen!
In no particular order (well, that's not true, as I know I will do number one on Wednesday and you won't read this until Thursday!) ... but after that I don't know! Is it cheating to put something on here that I was thinking of doing this week?
1. Go to a comic book store and buy a Star Wars comic. Never would I have dreamed I would find myself entering an establishment called Alien Worlds (apparently that's the closest one?). But for classic Star Wars? Apparently I will do it.
2. To go along with R2D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling I will make this. To ... recycle my practice folds and doodles.
3. Read The Twelve.
Then ... run/walk 500 miles using the Zombies Run app. Over the course of the ENTIRE YEAR. I'm not crazy, people. That works out to a little less than 10 a week. TOTALLY do-able.
4. Read Penguin and Pinecone.
Then make a video (either a booktalk or just something about penguins!) using the puppet I got at SeaWorld last spring. My puppet is more lifelike than the cute book illustrations but I don't think that matters. DO things like make videos. Don't just think about it!
5. Straight up stealing straight the visit new indie bookstores goal. Right now I know of exactly ONE. Does this have something to do with watching You've Got Mail last week?
6. At some point this year I will be moving into a new place. It will have a little closet under the stairs. Don't freak out that it won't be perfect ... just paint it something like THIS. I am going to be the coolest aunt ever with a reading nook. ;)
7. A wall of bookcases in new place! A WALL. Only ... I want to paint the back of the shelves an accent color. Not sure what color the walls will be yet, or I'd start obsessing over that.
8. I feel like I should do something Oz-ish. I can't decide about the new movie adaptation preview. But hey. I need to think of something because the kids will be excited about the book! Any ideas?
This seems like an awful lot of work and only tangentially Oz related. Like is it even, really? Just found it on an Oz pinterest board.
9. Also a kind of stolen idea ... book art. Only I am going to try Knuffle Bunny style with some photos I take (part of a goal ... photography!) and illustrations that I will get my nieces and nephews to make. ;) Had a student have to come show me that Trixie was reading a P&E book today. And a new Sunday School student that was SO IMPRESSED I knew about Mo Willems. So ... Knuffle Bunny style book art.
10. I WISH I could say "Visit Prince Edward Island." But I do not think that one will happen this year. So we'll say when I get into my new kitchen? Host some sort of get together and try making this.
I'm too scared to call this a linky-party. What if no one else wanted to participate? But if you should happen to write your own 2013 Bookish Un-Boring List ... please share!