- You know I'm a SW Geek. Just never got it on the DVR. Always been a classicist with the originals. It's pretty fun so far, though. Season two will make it into the DVR.
- SO CLOSE. A lot to do before then. Lessons to finish. Summer reading to promote. More weeding and shifting as we finish the first year in our redone space (and have had a couple hundred books added in the last month). Prepare for my assistant of my entire school librarian career to retire. (If you hear crying that's me. I know, super lucky to have had her for so long. And to have had her at all. Not sure at all about next year as the new position will only be part time. I don't like doing checkout and reshelving. Let me teach and help kids. How does one do both? :/)
- Seriously. Loads of companies sending me emails about sales of fun stuff. I'm holding out but IT HURTS.
- There's a lot of need in the world. Done a little ... contributed here or there. Try to help kids at my own school problem solve. I love the #servelikeajedi movement. Just haven't been able to come up with a focus fast enough.
- We used to do it after school was out. Now we do it in early May. I liked it better when school was out. During the day I've got classes and kids and teachers needing me. After school I'm trying to get back in shape and exercise again. And catch up on reading now that some new book orders are finally in. So when does it get finished again?
- I joined a group training gym. So far only made it four times in two weeks (paid for six but meetings after school keep running long and it's a drive home. I need to learn to just GET UP AND LEAVE long meetings) but I like it. The hardest part is just starting. Once you're there the endorphins kick in. Hopefully over the summer every day. Siblings are coming at the end of the summer. Due to unfortunate timing like two days before I'm back on contract. :( And when it's super hot. But that is better than nothing. Not sure of a good dream. Start planning a better trip for next year? Really not doing anything this summer. Maybe I could have added #bookaday? That is always fun. A job that required less of a commute? Maybe. Tried for a new job for so many years when the physical space of the library (no walls) drove me insane. Now we have walls ... and I've moved to a nicer house but that means I spend way too much time in my car. Learn to cook? HA! Bake is more like it but then I'd have to work out even more.
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Linking up with Farley.